Wednesday 10 February 2010

Welcome to Confessions

I am a Research Assistant working at a famous UK university. Last week I was interviewed for one of the most competitive PhD programs around, and was offered a place! This exciting development has inspired me to start my own blog: something which I have been considering for a while.

I tend to lurk around various science blogs, but now my own career as a scientist looks set to progress I feel compelled to get more involved. My main motivations for blogging include getting in touch with a support network, improving my writing skills (if, indeed, it turns out that I have any!), keeping a personal record of this stage of my life, and finally just as an outlet for miscellaneous thoughts.

I will write about anything that takes my interest. That could be science, social issues, genetics, feminism, recipes, health, wifehood, religion, book reviews, travel, maybe even the odd journal club-style paper review! The truth is I am not entirely sure which direction this new venture will take me in but I am happy to go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment